Friday, October 12, 2012

Fear and Doodle Therapy

Hello, hello!

It's been a busy couple of weeks and I've slacked on the blog posting. But I'm back to blogging now, so you can stop gnashing your teeth and wailing in misery (please satisfy my ego and pretend you were, please...I beg you...).

So...I'm just gonna dive right in and start chattering your ear (eyes?) off. I've got 2 craft fairs lined up for the end of October. Back to back. One right after the other. Who's insane? Yep, you guessed it. I am. Who's freaking out hardcore? Yep. That's me. Who's terrified that she overextended herself and there's no way to make enough items to fill a booth on a Friday night, much less another booth on Saturday night? Uh huh. Me. Yeppers.

But.

(There's always a 'but'.)

While all these fears and terrors and worst-case-scenarios are playing themselves out in my head, I also know that it's going to be worth every bit of it. I'm excited to get out there, sell some items, hand out my business cards, and meet some fantastic people. I've loved coming up with a booth display that I think works. "What does it look like?" you ask? Why, let me show you...


Here it is, in all its glory! I've still got quite a few items to make to fill in the gaps, but I was excited to see it come together. Kevin had the absolutely brilliant idea of using 2 old bifold doors to display my wreaths. He kitted them out with hooks and curtain rods and it looks fantastic!

Oh, and I've added a new section to the Etsy shop - Hair Clips and Brooches. I really enjoy making these little felt flower accessories. And sometimes you just need to work on something small that you can accomplish in a relatively short amount of time. I can make several of these in an afternoon, while it usually takes that long to make one wreath with felt flowers. Wanna see what they look like? Well, you're a lucky duck today since I'm in a photo-sharing kind of mood!

 
 


I'm still working on the brooches, so it'll be another couple of days until I have them ready for their closeup. Oh, and I totally enjoy making the wee cards these guys hang out on all day. It's really soothing for me to sit with my pen in hand and just kinda doodle along. And I realize that it's probably too time-consuming to continue to make these by hand. I foresee a day in the somewhat near future filled with scanning and photoshopping. But not just yet. I'll continue to draw these by hand while singing along to Motown hits on Pandora. It's fairly cheap therapy. And I sure could use some therapy right now.

So back to the 2 craft fairs. Here's the info on both of them:

October 26th - Vikings Kick Cancer Pink Football Game
6 pm - 8 pm
South Granville High School
701 Crescent Heights Drive, Creedmoor, NC
Enjoy a high school football game, vendor fair, and a Chinese auction all in support of the Pretty in Pink Foundation which raises money for people dealing with breast cancer who are either under-insured or who have no insurance. A really fun way to support a really great cause!

October 27th - Peace Church First Annual Fall Concert & Chili Cookoff
6 pm - 10 pm
Peace Church
6114 Russell Road, Durham, NC
This promises to be a wonderful night to bring the family out and taste some chili, hear a great band, shop from local crafters and enjoy homemade pies and ice cream!

If you live in the area, I would love to see you in person at these 2 events! If you have any questions, just get in touch with me via my facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Whifferdill/102867023193320) or shoot me an email at whifferdillcrafts@gmail.com.

Hugs!
Ru



No comments:

Post a Comment